In order to get my wood to the rich darkness I wanted for my case, I had to stain the wood.
|Rust-Oleum "Dark Walnut"|
|Hmmmm....not exactly what I thought it would look like.....|
At this point I have made the "box" and just wanted to see how it will look in the end once I have everything up. So excited.
This is what it looks like with the sanding and the hardware placed on it . I love how it came out all old and rustic.
Now that the cabinet is done, the husband has softened and we are getting a big(ger) screen than the 22" that we have, which I think will find a new home in our bedroom...and maybe a baby cabinet all it's own.
Once I had all of this done. I had to polyurethane it. Which gave it a rich darkness. And I got the help of the eldest and the hubbs to get it on the wall. It took some trial and error, but it is up!! And wouldn't you know....the husband gave in and bought a flat screen to go into it. YAY!!!
I love it.....Funny thing, is now that we have the bigger screen no one is watching it. :-S
To see how all this started click here.
Leave me a comment to tell me what you think....good or bad. Thanks.