Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fresh English Cucumber & Carrot Ribbon Salad

Pin It

Fresh English Cucumber & Carrot Ribbon Salad
It has been a while since I have added a post.  So much is going on. 
  
But, I have been trying out new recipes and my hand at bag/purse making. 
 Well, to start, this is a refreshing simple salad with a kick.  I saw something like this on Pintrest, but I can't remember all that it takes to make.  So, I took the image I had of that salad and came up with this version.


  • 1 English Cucumber
  • 3 Carrots
  • 2 oz. crumbled El Mexicano Casero Queso Fresco
  • 1/8 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
  • 2-3 Tbsp. Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar (Original)
  • 2 pinches Dillweed
1.  Using a potato peeler shave cucumber and carrots into long ribbons.  I did not use the first slice of either cucumber or carrots. Place ribbons in a bowl.

2.  Add red pepper flakes, dillweed, and rice vinegar and toss with tongs.

3.  Plate ribbons and crumble cheese over salad.  Enjoy.

This recipe serves 2-4.  The best part is that from this whole salad is less than 200 calories.

Soooo awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought to eat carrots and cucumbers like that! Good I idea my friend! I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...