Thursday, November 1, 2012

Spinach Scramble

Pin It
I have been trying to each better for years on end.  Effort to have better health and longevity for my kids and family.

Over the last 4 weeks have been trying to run a mile non-stop.  Some would think that it is easy, but running is hard for me even though I have done several 5k's I still have yet to run one entirely.

I thought that I would first, instead of "training" for a 5k, I'd first try "training" to run a mile.  Some people will be able to do this in a month, but not me.  I am taking this more realistically for myself.  I am spreading this out over several weeks, which is going to result in several months and I am not ashamed of that.  So far so good...up to running a half mile!!! 

One of the things I have been doing is paying attention to my intake.  Not obsessively like I have in the past, which lead me to destructive behaviors.  But now I am working on really knowing what I put into my mouth.  For instance, this morning.  I did my workouts...yes that is plural.  Than I wanted a healthy breakfast that included foods I like, so you see that in the picture was my breakfast and I loved it.

Spinach Scramble
  • 3 Cups Fresh Spinach (I just used some from a bag)- 20 cal.
  • 2 Med. Eggs- 70 cal. each
  • 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes- 0 cal.
  • Salt to taste-0 cal. (I do not use salt in my cooking, watching sodium intake, plus I like to taste what things taste like without the salt cover up)

1.  Lightly spray a non-stick pan with some oil and saute spinach for about 2 minutes on med high heat until they have sweated down. Keep them in the pan but move them off to the side.

2.  Scramble two eggs in a bowl and then pour into the pan.  Sprinkle eggs with the red pepper flakes. Gently stir eggs and spinach together for about 1-2 minutes.  Salt your dish to taste after it is all done.

I had a piece of dry Multi-Grain toast with my breakfast that was 130 cal. a slice, so that rounded my breakfast out to 290 cal. Which is great especially after a workout.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for visitin'.

NOTE:  I will still have a piece of cheesecake or chocolate, chips, burger, fried chicken strips,etc. etc.  This is about living the good life and all of those things are a part of it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...