Chicken Curry & Spinach w/ Paleo Naan
6 oz. cubed chicken breast
1 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour
1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
1/4 tsp. Cumin
Salt to taste
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Butter
1 C. Lite Coconut milk
1 C. Water
4-6 C. fresh Spinach
Coconut Oil Spray
For the Naan Bread - I was totally inspired by the recipe I found at My Heart Beets.
It is fabulous!!! It only uses three ingredients!!which led me to experiment more with Tapioca Flour, especially using it in this simple and fast curry.
1. Spray med. size pot with Coconut oil. Heat to med. high and cook cubed chicken. About 5 min.
2. While chicken in cooking, put the next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, adding red pepper flakes it you like (the more you add the spicier...I like it hot!!). Mix together well.
3. When chicken in nice and golden remove from pot. Add butter and reducing heat to med. low. When butter has melted dump in the spice mixture, stirring together using a whisk. Add coconut milk and water. Whisk! Whisk! Whisk. (This combines & thickens pretty fast).
4. Add chicken back to the sauce. Allow to simmer on low for 3-5 minutes. Salt to taste.
1. Spray a skillet with the coconut oil and heat on med high.
2. Add spinach and as it wilts down add just a Tbsp. of water. Stir around making sure all leaves have been cooked down. Salt to taste.
Happy Eating!! Thanks for stoppin' by!