Sunday, December 11, 2016

Changes

Pin It
So my son has been on a mission for our church for the last 15 months and we have been out of sorts with all kinds of feelings and things. But the most recently, we have decided to make some changes for our home from the bottom up.

We started with our missionary son's room and have moved to other rooms our basement. Right now I go the bug in my head that I wanted a pallet wood wall. Lucky me I have a supportive husband who just stands to the side and watch me work. Here is how this journey began and where I am so far. Much is still left to do to get this room completed but it is on it's way.

After helping a neighbor lay sod they had several pallets left over. I saw that the pallets were not chemically treated and immediately asked them if I could have them. They gave me six. I thought I would need more, but I made what I had work!! (So when you look for pallets, be sure to find/use ones labled "HT" = heat treated or "KD" = kiln dried. You don't want any yucky chemicals floating around your family.)
Once home and with the help of a neighbor, we got the pallets all broken down. I removed the nails and hosed each board down and set them out to dry. I let them dry for about a week in the garage, then brought them inside to get ready for the wall.


The process begins. I looked at various pinterest ideas on how to get started and I really liked one using strips of 1x3. I began putting up the boards but noticed that I could see the wall behind. So I painted the strips black and wall between each row. 
Wall is complete!!! I loved the process. 


Now am at the point of working on the bench. It is looking good.
 I will post update in the next week of where I am on this project. I hope you all like this and send me messages to keep me motivated to keep sharing with all y'all.

Thanks for stoppin' by.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...