Friday, May 20, 2016

Side Table DIY

Pin It
DIY Side Tables


With our son serving a mission for our church, we decided to remodel his room. I have DIY most everything so far. Once it is complete I will share the complete room, but at the moment one of the items I am super proud of are these side tables.

Our son's room is not very big so a standard nightstand was out of the question. I knew I needed something that was not going to take up much floor space, but it had to be more grown up and not too "girlie". So with that the hunt was on. I could not find anything I liked or was affordable.

One day after work I wondered into a local store, Super Low. They typically have odd and ends kinds of things from high end stores, like Pottery Barn and West Elm. That particular day they had Whitney Hutch pieces that sell on Pottery Barn's website for $250, Super Low had them for $20 each!!!!! I did a little bit of negotiating with them to let me have them for that ridiculously low price and it worked!!

I was so happy to have them, but they had NO LEGS!! I had, at first, thought I would just attach them to the wall, but hubby shut that idea down right away. No unnecessary holes were going in the newly painted walls. So legs were all I was looking for. Lucky for me, I had already had hairpin legs on my radar.

The best place I found the legs was Modern Urban Metals. It is an Etsy shop. They were affordable and just what I needed.

I am having fun with everything that is happening in that room. Can hardly wait for it to be complete so I can show you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...