Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Browned Butter & Sage Sauce

Pin It


I will from now on through forever make this as one of my signature family dinner eats!!! 

One day last week I got the inch to make homemade pasta and I wanted to have a clear sauce on it instead of the traditional tomato base. Also, the week before I went to the garden shop and bought a lot of herbs.  I have been wanting to do more cooking with FRESH herbs and with some I had never tried before.

Fortunately for me, I had just watched an episode on some channel about brown butter and sage. The lady was in some euphoric state that I had to try this myself.... I GET IT!!! This was so yummy and I will continue to fry sage leaves and have them in my garden if not for any other reason, but this one and that will do for me.

Brown Butter & Sage Sauce
  • 1 stick of salted butter
  • 1 handful of fresh sage (about a cup)

1.  Wash sage to remove any dirt.
2.  Melt butter in pan on High heat. Swirl it around until it is a med brown color. This should happen fairly quick...5 minutes once butter is all melted.
3.  Add Sage leaves and watch them crisp up....30 sec to 1 minute. Remove and drizzle over cooked pasta and toss to coat the noodles. Serve immediately.

Note: Add some chicken or shrimp to this and WOW!!!  What a meal that everyone will love and enjoy.

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...