Thursday, June 13, 2013

Simple Blackberry-Raspberry Sorbet

Pin It


Guess what I had for breakfast this morning?!?  Sorbet!!!  It's good for you right?  At least I think  my version is.  Love knowing what is in my food and no preservatives.

Simple is as simple does....or something like that.  This is so easy and I can only think of the myriad of combos I can make with this simple recipe.  I see, Pineapple-Cantaloupe coming soon, after all I have some on my counter and all I have to do is freeze it...YAY bring on summer.

Blackberry-Raspberry Sorbet
  • 1 bag of frozen blackberries
  • 1bag of frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 Cup of blueberry agave nectar (more or less to your taste, so make sure you taste along the way and you can use honey or another flavor or agave)
1.  Allow berries to thaw just a little....like about 10 minutes in a bowl on the counter.
2.  Add berries to the blender a cup at a time. Blend until smooth. (If you have one of those blenders that have the stick stirrer thing, this would be super helpful.)
3.  When berries are all blended add nectar while the blender is on.
4.   Pour into a plastic container, cover and freeze. 4 hours for a nice soft serve or overnight for firmer.  (If you do it overnight allow it to sit out for about 5 minutes before you scoop it up.)

This recipe filled up a quart sized plastic container.

Thanks for comin' over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...