Thursday, April 25, 2013

Curry Quinoa with Cranberries & such Salad

Pin It
Wow!!  Has it really been over a month!!!  SORRY!!!  Let's just cut to the chase.  My dad died and I had to go back east to handle a lot of things....but I'm back and boy is it hard to get back in the swing of things.

Well, I have a lot of stuff in my head that I need to get out on here and to start a little bit slow, I'm kicking off my return with a recipe.

Curry Quinoa w/ Cranberries & such Salad

  • 1/4 Cup Quinoa
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  1. Bring the water to a boil, add curry powder and quinoa.
  2. Turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for about 10-11 minutes covered.
  • 2 Tbsp. Cranberries (I made the recipe again and used multi colored raisans, tasted wonderful)
  • 1 green onion or scallion
  • 1/2 red bell pepper or shredded carrots (the picture has carrots, but I used red bell peppers when I made it another time and it was great.)
  • a few splashes of Nakano Rice Vinegar Basil and Garlic
  • salt & pepper to taste.
  1. Chop up all the veggies and place in a bowl.
  2. Once the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the veggies and stir.
  3. Add a few splashed of the rice vinegar and salt & pepper to taste.
Sooooooo good and health.  Quinoa is super high in protein. I think this would even be a great salad for my vegan friends.

Yum!!!  Eat up y'all.


P.S.  This is about a 2 serving recipe....Feel free to double or triple.....I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...