Sunday, December 30, 2012

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Pie

Pin It

I love a good pie and I love to experiment.  So this morning I got to do both.  Last night, I bought an Oreo cookie crust.  Surprisingly, I have never tasted one before!  As I thought about what I would make with this, I suddenly had a craving for PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Well, before church, I looked all around and started pulling together the ingredients I thought would make this idea of mine delicious.....and rich.

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Pie
  • 1 Oreo Cookie Crust Pie  or any cookie crust (graham, chocolate, etc)
  • 1 package of cream cheese; softened
  • 1 Cup of smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 C powdered sugar
  • 1/4 C evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 C whipped topping (Cool whip)
  • 1/2 C of mini dark chocolate morsels
1.  Soften the cream cheese for about 30-45 seconds in the microwave in a large glass bowl.  After cream cheese has softened add peanut butter. Mix on medium high until cream cheese and peanut butter are well combined.

2.  Add powdered sugar to the cream cheese and peanut butter mixture.  Mix well on medium.  Gradually add milk until smooth.

3.  Fold in whipped topping until well blended. 

4.  Pour into cookie pie crust and smooth out.  Sprinkle with the morsels and freeze for about 1 hour and serve chilled.

This pie is scrumptiously rich and will most definitely satisfy that peanut butter and chocolate craving!!...at least it did for me.

I hope you like the pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...