Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fried Chicken & Mozzarella Ravioli and Mustard Sauce

Pin It
I am not a person who likes to fry things a lot, but today, I was craving fried ravioli for lunch.  I didn't have any in my food storage, so I stopped by NPS and they just so happen to have unfrozen Pasta Prima Ravioli on sale.  SCORE!!  I picked up a package and off to home I went.

I have never made fried ravioli, but hey I like to try new things.

 This was easy and DANG GOOD!!!


Fried Grilled Chicken & Mozzarella Ravioli with Mustard Sauce
  • 1- 8oz. package of fresh ravioli (I used Pasta Prima 100 % Natural Grilled Chicken & Mozzarella Ravioli, I'm sure you could use any fresh ravioli you like.)
  • 4 Cups vegetable oil
  • 2 Tbs. Natural Stone Ground Mustard
  • 1 Tbs. Agave Nectar
  1. Heat oil in a sauce pan to med. high.
  2. Once oil has reached desired temp.  gently drop ravioli in oil.
  3. With a skimmer spoon gently roll ravioli in oil, making sure both sides are becoming a golden color. (This happens fairly quick, 45 seconds to a minute.) Then remove and place ravioli on a plate lined with a paper towel to collect the excess oil.  (I did this in two batches)
  4. While those are resting, in a smaller bowl simply mix the 2 Tbs. of mustard with the 1Tbs. of Agave Nectar. And your done.  (The ration for the sauce is completely my tastes, you can add or subtract whatever you like.)
I hope you enjoy.  Thanks for droppin' by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...