Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easy Does It...

Pin It
I have tried to find a blog that, I know that I will post to.  I have a family blog, a health blog, a blog that I gave a name to, but I haven't done anything with.  I have closed a bunch of blogs because the name just was not right....and on and on and on.

Well, here I am starting another one.  I guess trying to mark my place in the blogesphere.

The name:  Lemonade & Porch Swings.

First of all, let me tell you, I am a southern girl.  I grew up in North Carolina, although I was born in the windy city of Chicago, Il.  My memories are there, as well as several members of my family and scores of friends.

Growing up there, I was able to see all of the beautiful homes.  Large yards and porches wrapped all the way around the house, are plentiful.  There is one house I love.  I actually visit it every time I am in town.  It's yellow and white, with a massive wrap around porch and several porch swings and table settings dotting french doors all along the front.  It is a beautiful home.

I have imagined myself sitting there on the front porch with my family and friends on a blistering summer day drinking an iced cold lemonade swing back and forth on a porch swing, laughing, talking, creating memories....just taking it easy.  I imagine a lot of beautiful things I can create, make and admire in that house.

That is what this blog is about.  Nothing serious.  Just enjoying the wonderful things of life: crafts, recipes, quilts. stories, books, etc.

So I hope you learn somethings from L&PS, but more importantly, I hope you can share with us your craft ideas.  I am more than happy to post it here.

Thanks for stoppin' by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...