Thursday, August 16, 2012

If You Build It...They Will Come....I hope!

Pin It
Our son will be 16 in a couple of weeks!!  And we have been trying to plan his "ELITE" 16 party.  Obstacles have come up left and right, but the party will go on.  One of his activities will be a photo booth.  Now, I am "an affordance seeker" (okay, the real word is cheap),  so to make this little dream come true I decided to make a backdrop stand and he helped.

I scoured the net trying to find the best diy and I came across a young kids post.  Click here to go to it.  He gives a supply list and the current cost (in 2012), is only a couple bucks more.  We paid about $18 with tax for all the PVC and the bonus is that they allow me to cut my pieces right there!!  Then off to work Alex went.

It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The pieces fit together so quick and easy.  The only thing I will do is I think I will add a cross bar in the middle and glue the T- Connector at the base.  This will give it more stability.

This will allow you to make your stand as short or tall as you like it.  Not to mention as wide as you like it....within reason of course.


Now the party is only a couple of weeks away, just need to find the backgrounds, venue, send out the invites, make cupcakes and.......I will show the pics from the party in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...