Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Red White & Blue Honey-Butter Cookie Pie

Pin It
I've always wanted to make a super awesome 4th of July dessert, but have never tried.  With it just under a month away, I thought I would give it a go.  This scrumptious pie I had to put the thinking cap on.  I wanted to create my own cookie dough and cream cheese base.  It turned out beautiful and YUMMY!

Red White & Blue Honey-Butter Cookie Pie

Honey-Butter Cookie Dough
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 1/3 C soften salted butter (soft enough that you can work with it, but still cold. Margarine works awesome too!)
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 C honey
  • 1tsp. butter emulsion (or extract)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 C. all- purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Mix the sugar, butter, egg, honey & butter emulsion (extract) together.

3. Stir in the dry ingredients.  Adding the flour a little at a time.  When a soft ball is formed, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 min or longer.

4.  When dough is cold and pliable like play dough, roll out on to parchment paper, getting the circumference you desire. (rolled my dough on to parchment paper I had measured to my pizza stone.  I know it's not "proper" but I used the lid of one of largest pots to get the perfect circle.) Peel the excess off and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.

Cream Cheese Spread
(Below are the amounts I used for this size pie.  Heck use the extra to dip the rest of the strawberries in.) 
  • 1 1/2 package cream cheese
  • 1/4 C lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 C of powdered sugar
1.  With mixer, blend all the ingredients together.  Make sure you add the sugar in a little at a time.  Adjust the amount of lemon juice and sugar according to taste.

2.  Once cookie is completely cooled, spread the cheese mixture all over the cookie.  Leave about 1/2-1in. of cookie unfrosted from the edge.

Berry Assembly

1.  Use whatever berry you like.  I started on the outside and worked my way to the center.  2 rows of blueberries, the 2 rows of sliced strawberries (us an egg slicer to get even cut thicknesses), then I filled the middle with the rest of the blueberries.  And just to make it pretty I used my cookie press to make the flower (I pressed some of the cream cheese spread onto a piece of parchment paper and set it to freeze and then placed it on top.)

Viola!!!


Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Gonna have to try it soon! Thank you for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...